Saturday, July 11, 2009

The 5th week

It has been a really good week with campers from Virginia. We had been staying at Victory Mountian camp ground (Sophia, NC) for three weeks now and it is time to leave.
Looking back, this camp ground is very special to me. I had both fun and frustrations at this place. It was there where I got homesick several times and cried over the phone while talking to my mom and dad because I found it hard to connect to some girls. However, it was still there where I found more comfortable and confident of being a counselor.
The girls from this past week were very friendly. During the week, two girls opened up to me about their background. They are both from divorced family, but God helped them go through the difficult times. The speaker this week kept bringing up "God loves us." He loves us because we are His children. He loves who we are. He wants to take what is broken and heals it. Having conversations with the girls and knowing their passions for God truly made my heart happy, especially when they asked me many questions about China and showed their interests of going to Asia for ministry in the future. This means so much to me.
Through the past five weeks, I have been learning something new every day. I learn more about God and more about myself. Five weeks ago, I was not confident. Today, I am very certain and pleased about making this choice. I know it is all because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment